Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dumb Thing People Do (Voice assignment)

One of the annoying things that people do is make their voice-mail sound like they are talking to the caller. It is mostly teenagers and young adults that leave these voice-mails, but they are extremely irritating. What happened to traditional voice-mail greetings like, “Hello, I am unable to come to phone right now. Please leave your name and message, and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank You.” Instead I hear messages like this, “Hello? I can’t hear you hello? Just kidding I am not here right now. Later.” I once called my friend and the message he left me was, “Hello. Hey what’s up? I’m cool. Leave me a message.” When I heard “hello” I started talking, and when I heard recording beep I realized I was talking to voice-mail. Bottom line is leaving these types of messages makes you look immature, and if you’re looking for a job employers are going to think your unprofessional and stupid. Everyone please use normal voice-mail recordings. By the way I am still looking for a job if anyone is interested.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting analysis of contemporary trends. I have not personally ran into this problem unless its someone that is known for having a major sense of humor. I can understand the frustration though. If someone my age have a immature answering machine, I think its a reflection of who they are...neither bad nor good. People are strange.