Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Midnight Snack



One night Joe, my three other roommates, and I gathered around the dining table and shared muffins we had received from neighbors. Around midnight we started cleaning up, but Joe did something that made the night unforgettable:
Joe: Hey guys, you know what I like most about muffins?
Everyone: What?
Joe: You get to do this.
Joe picks up the paper muffin wrapper, rolls up into a ball, and eats it.
As Joe smiled, chewing on the paper, our jaws literally dropped. Everyone just paused and stared at Joe chewing and spitting out chunks of paper. When people started leaving the dining room, I purposefully teased Joe and left the extra muffin wrappers for him to eat. I turned my head for a second, and then I hear a loud gulp. Next thing I see is Joe walking up the stairs chewing on another paper muffin cup.
More recently, Joe, two different roommates, and I were just hanging around doing work at the dining table. On the table was a bag of Hershey’s Kisses chocolates. Joe ate one piece and wrapped the foil into a small ball. He balanced the foil on his knuckles, and when he made a fist the foil would fly up and hit somebody. Meanwhile, I was busy writing my mock script for class (yes it was my script for BECA 470 last semester), but Joe kept flicking the foil ball at my face. It soon became too difficult to concentrate on writing. I finally gave up when Joe flicked the foil into the air and swallowed it. Joe went into shock and he started choking. Any one of us would have helped him get the ball out, but we were all too busy laughing. I fell from my chair laughing hysterically, to the point of crying. When he spat the foil ball out it took me five minutes to calm down. In the end, I never made any progress on my script because I was too exhausted from laughing.

No comments: